- Sc.D. 1982 Dept. Mineral Engineering, Columbia Univ, New York, NY; Advisor: Prof. P. Somasundaran
- M.S. 1972 Dept. Mineral Engineering, Columbia Univ, New York, NY;
- B.S. 1968 Metallurgy, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
- Interfacial Engineering of particulate systems for enhanced performance in advanced materials & minerals, chemicals, microelectronics and pharmaceutical applications
- Nanostructured multifunctional materials for industrial applications
- Corrosion inhibition, anti-scaling, removal of microbes from surfaces, nanotoxicology
- Polymer and surfactant coatings for solid-solid and solid-liquid separations
Experience – Research / Industrial
1982 – present, Distinguished Professor of Materials Science & Engineering, University of Florida
230 journal publications, 24 patents, 10 books, 7000 citations.
Extra-curriculum: Leadership, Teaching, outreach etc.
Director, Center for Particulate and Surfactant Systems (CPaSS)
Director, Particle Engineering Research Center
National Academy of Engineering